This is one of my favorite recipes for when I am absolutely craving Mexican food, but can't hang with the calories.
(Makes 2 servings)
• 1 Large red bell pepper (cut into 2 in. long strips)
• 1 Medium zucchini (cut into 2 in. long strips)
• 1/2 Red onion (chopped)
• 1/2 tbs Olive oil
• 1 tsp Minced garlic
• 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
* Salt to taste
• 3/4 tbs Cumin
• 3/4 tbs Chili powder
•2 tbs Water
For the Salad:
• 1/2 c. Black beans
• 2 oz Chicken (cooked and cut up)
* 2 c. Mixed greens
• 1 serving Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
1. Heat oil, pepper flakes, and garlic over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add vegetables and spices, and water then stir well and cover. Continue periodically stirring until vegetables are tender then remove from the heat.
2. Place lettuce on a plate then top with beans, chicken, fajita veggies, and finally the dressing.
3. Add Cholula or Tapatio hot sauce if you like a kick!
Calories: 326 Carbs: 37g Fat: 9g Protein: 26g Fiber: 13